Monday, March 9, 2009

My Publix Trip

(Sorry, I had already put away the cold stuff before I remembered to take a picture.)

Coupon Lingo: BOGO-Buy 1 Get 1 Free

OOP- Out of Pocket

Even though this wasn’t the best week at Publix for me, I still managed to save more than I spent. Here’s what I bought:

2 Ragu Sauces
2 Frosted Flakes (Husband’s request!)
1 Eat Smart Cauliflower florets
2 Hellmann’s Mayo
2 Bird’s Eye Broccoli
1 Bird’s Eye Peas
2 Mt. Olive Pickles
2 Sweet Baby Ray’s Sauces
2 Ore-Ida Steam N Mash
1 Publix Black Pepper (We were out!)
4 Mott’s Apple Sauces (BOGO Rain Check)
3.01 lbs. Boneless Chuck Roast
3.02 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Total: $86.91
Used $10/$50 Winn Dixie coupon
Store coupons: $1.00
Manufacturer coupons: $5.70
Store Sales: $36.57
OOP: $33.64

I definitely splurged on some meat this week but I’ll probably get about 10 meals out of it. By the way they were out of the Regular Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce, Cheerios, Original Egg Beaters, and Bird's Eye Garden Peas. So if you were planning to buy any of these be sure to ask for a rain check at Customer Service. These rain checks help you avoid paying full price later. They also help you get your total up to an amount that you could use a $10/$50 or $10/$75 coupon without over paying for an item. I hope this helps you.

Leave a comment and tell me how you did this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment